[Portage camping latergrams – part 5 of 5] Vegan flapjacks make great snacks!
3 ripe bananas
270 grams oats
100 grams almonds
4 tablespoons peanut butter
5 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 tablespoons of vegan butter
2 pinches salt
5 tablespoons brown sugar
1. In a pan on low-medium heat, melt the peanut butter, vegan butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl off heat, mix the oats, brown sugar, and almonds.
3. Mash the bananas and add them to the oats, brown sugar, and almonds mix.
4. Once pan mixture on heat has melted, take off heat and mix in all recipe ingredients.
5. Spread final mixture on baking lined oven pan (I used a 11 inch tart pan) and bake at 375F in the oven for about 30 minutes or until top of flapjacks turn brown in colour.
6. Let cool and cut into smaller pieces.
Enjoy on your next nature walk, hike, or camping trip! 🏕