[Summer Break – Part 2 of 2] Did I mention I have awesome friends? My dear friend Lisa made this second delicious vegan dessert – French Apple Tart in a coconut pie crust. Served with a side of vegan vanilla ice cream, black tea, and the wonderful company of mon amie. 🤍Full recipe for this scrumptious treat below.
Coconut oil pie crust ingredients:
3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup coconut oil, room temperature
6-8 tablespoons ice cold water
Apple tart filling ingredients:
5 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1/3 cup brown sugar
Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. In a food processor, mix flour, salt, and sugar.
2. Add coconut oil one spoon at a time. Pulse and slowly add ice cold water one spoon at a time while mixing in between until mixture becomes doughy.
3. Empty mixture on a clean flat surface and form it into a ball with your hands.
4. Roll out dough into the thickness that you like and place in a tart pan. Press the dough into the pan and cut off excess dough.
5. Preheat oven at 350F. To make the tart filling, mix the apple slices, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt together in a large bowl. Make sure that the apples are evenly coated.
6. Place apple slices in the tart pan on top of the dough. Sprinkle a bit of granulated sugar on top of the apples and bake for about 1 hour until crust and apples are golden.
Serve à la mode with your favourite vegan ice cream! ☺️