Sunday scrabble with homemade sweet potato brownies!
1 sweet potato (about 400 grams), peeled and chopped into 3 inch pieces
140 grams dark chocolate
80 grams coconut oil
4/5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
160 grams brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Heat a pot of boiling water on high heat and place a steamer atop the pot. Steam sweet potato pieces in the steamer for about 20 mins or until tender. Set aside to cool when done. Keep steamer and pot of boiling water on high heat for next step.
2. Place a sturdy bowl containing the dark chocolate and coconut oil into the steamer, and gently stir the two ingredients together in the bowl until they are fully melted and mixed together. Set aside to cool for a couple of minutes before moving to next step.
3. Place ALL ingredients, including steamed sweet potato pieces, and melted chocolate coconut oil mix, in food processor and mix to make brownie batter.
4. Preheat oven to 350F. Spoon batter into silicone muffin cups leaving a little room for it to rise in the cups. This recipe yields about 9 silicone cups worth of brownies.
5. Place filled silicone cups on a baking tray. Bake for about 37 mins.
6. Take out of oven and enjoy!
Brownies best served while still warm, alongside a scoop of your favourite vegan ice cream! 😍